Before you can log in to Acadal for the first time you will need to create your personal password. In the following we list some of the typical issues that may prevent you from succeeding with this.
Before you proceed, answer this question:
Can you see the password reset screen?
If no - start on section 1.1
If yes - skip to section 1.2
1.1 It is not your fault:
Many companies use lean clients and strict firewall setups to ensure employees work in a safe environment and no harm comes to company critical knowledge and functions. For cloudbased solutions such as Acadal, lean clients and strict firewall setups are often the reason why you cannot see the password reset screen.
If you are experiencing this issue we advise you to ask your IT-department or your nearest leader how you should log in to Acadal. Below is the typical solution some companies use when facing these types of issues:
- Find the mail "Acadal Invitation" in your mail inbox. Right click on the "Create password" button and copy the button link.
- Shut down or disconnect from your terminal server.
- Shut down or log off your VPN connection. Typically you can do this on the taskbar by clicking on the VPN-icon of the software your company uses.
- Open a browser of your choice* and paste the link you just copied. Then press enter on your keyboard to go to the password reset screen.
*For a list of supported browsers click here.
1.2 Great! You should be good to go:
On the password reset screen you get to decide which password you want to use when logging in to Acadal.
- Delete the placeholder password in both fields and type in the password you would like to use. Finish by clicking on the Reset Password button.
(Remember that your password should have a length of at least 8 characters and contain at least one lowercase letter, one uppercase letter, and one number).
- Once your password has been reset you will see a password successfully reset notification in the bottom of the screen.
You are now ready to login using the new password you just created. Should you experience problems logging in the following article may prove useful: